Settlement – What Do I Do?

Settlement – What do I do? This is the easiest question to ask your conveyancer. When you are looking to buy or sell your home or a commercial property, questions need answers. The easiest solution is to choose a conveyance who can answer your questions.

There are many settlement agents listed on Google Search. But who do you choose? Every listing tells us they are all professional, all informative, all experienced, all the best.

Why not put together 3 or 4 questions. Call 3 or 4 settlement agents and ask them your questions. The settlement agent that provides answers that you understand, is easy to talk too, and you feel comfortable with, is the one you should go with.

Don’t forget, your settlement agents is there with you for the duration.

What do I do?

The world of real estate property buying or selling can be a bit daunting if you are not familiar with any of it. Many people do it but few of us are that familiar with the ins and outs of paperwork and legalities and monies.

Most of us want property settlement done so that we can get on with our lives.

Ask Questions

Your settlement agent can answer many of your questions. They can guide you through much of the detail.

Why do you need a settlement agent? The second question on your list. That will be self explanatory when you start talking about the process of settlement.

Being informed of your choices means you are on top of your game. No one can lead you astray. And no one can take advantage of you.

Ask questions. Seek advice. Arm yourself with knowledge needed to proceed with confidence and direction.

Get Answers

Your conveyancer will tell you about the process of settlement. They will guide you on the time frames you will encounter during settlement.

Asking questions is a free service. Getting to know your conveyancing team is a bonus. And if you are happy with your conveyancing team they may take you to settlement and your new property. They will also help you dispose of said property when the need arises.

Choose your Conveyancer

Having the right conveyancer is a plus when it comes to settlement. Their knowledge and experience will prove invaluable. The more you can rely on them the less you have to stress about.

Supreme Settlements is an experienced conveyancer with an extensive service to the community.

Contact Supreme Settlements today and ask the question. The worst you will get is an answer, and maybe a cup of coffee.

Commercial Settlement

Are you looking at commercial property?

Commercial and Industrial property can be one of the most lucrative investments in real estate. But it could also be the opposite. With possible vacancies and big drops in market value you could lose it all. Commercial property is a higher risk than residential property.

Don’t make the mistake of buying a industrial property because it seems like a good deal without first having a plan.

Commercial real estate is only as good as the lease and tenant that are in place.

Set yourself a clear strategy.

Undertake detailed research. Source the correct property at the correct price. Engage a professional property conveyancing team.

If you haven’t done your home work you may overpay for the commercial property. Compare the property with others in the area. There’s nothing wrong with being over cautious when buying property.

Focus on the long-term strategy, risk mitigation, capital growth and cash flow.

Fix your Budget

Being successful may require you to buy, hold, and rent out properties for the long term. Ensure you have enough cash flow for maintenance and other expenses.

Allocate your budget for enough coverage of expenses. You will need to cover such expenses as the mortgage, taxes, insurance and advertising. When you don’t have enough cash flow your property can become a liability.

Aim for Settlement

All commercial property and industrial property conveyancing settlements have Supreme Settlements personal professional attention. Our property conveyancing settlement team will liaise with Landgate, as well as financial providers, and property managers. 

We may be located in Cockburn Central but our reach is far and wide. Although we can’t find a property for you or negotiate a price, as your personal property conveyancer, settlement agent, we will provide you with a professional property conveyancing service.

Contact us today

Conveyancer or Settlement Agent?

A Conveyancer is a specialist in the legal aspects of buying and selling property. But, is a Conveyancer a Settlement Agent?

In Australia a Conveyancer is also known as a Settlement Agent.

That is to say, many people appoint a settlement agent aka conveyancer. Engaging a settlement agent, ensures legal requirements come together. Further, it is important that transactions proceed unruffled with their property interests.

Conveyancing: term for transferring legal ownership of land from one party to another.

Supreme Settlements are experienced and professional conveyancer’s. Their role is to execute the transfer of land from one person to another.

Professional conveyancer’s undertake the necessary checks to protect their client’s interest. They meet all legal obligations.

A licensed conveyancer is a qualified professional.

A Conveyancer holds a Settlement Agent’s License and a Triennial Certificate. Therefore, in Western Australia, your Conveyancer will hold these licenses.

Conveyancing work can involve the preparation of documents. These documents may be leases and contracts. They will give advice on conveyancing documents.

Conveyancers will exchange sale contracts.

A conveyancer is a person who provides settlement services.

The conveyancing team will organise surveys and building inspections. Including registration of title documents. Above all, your settlement agent will attend settlement.

Licensed Conveyancer’s like Supreme Settlements will guide clients through the purchase of, and sale of, residential and commercial property settlement.

With an Unrestricted License, Supreme Settlements can work on residential and commercial property.

Consequently, a conveyancer can prepare and advise on mortgages, the sale of businesses, and the sale of rural property.

Terms of reference:-

  • Contract of Sale: The Contract of Sale is a document signed by both the buyer and seller of the property sold. This may include the sale price, deposit amount and the settlement date.
  • Settlement Date: The settlement date is the date when the purchaser pays the balance of the sale price to the seller. The seller gives the purchaser the legal documents required to transfer the property.
  • Cooling off Period: After the buyer signs the Contract of Sale there is a short grace period. Three days in most cases where the purchaser may change their mind. During this cooling off period the buyer can end the Contract of Sale. The vendor can not sue. There may be financial penalties for backing out of the contract though. Discuss this with your conveyancer, real estate agent or solicitor.

Supreme Settlements are Conveyancers aka Settlement Agents.

Call (08) 9417 2322 orContact us today.

Strata Title

A strata title allows you to own part of a property.

A strata title allows you to own part of a property. It may be an apartment or townhouse which also includes common property. Common property being driveways, gardens, foyers and the like.

The strata title governed by various legal entities.

For example, owners corporation, body corporate, strata company, or community association. It will be dependent on your state or territory of residence.  

Any property that adjoins in some way will have a strata title.

They share common areas such as roofs, lifts, gardens, driveways, and the like. Common areas maintained by all unit owners collectively. Expenses incurred shared to maintain common areas.

Living on shared property can offer a friendly community-style environment.

It is very different from when you live in a freestanding house. You will find some activities more limited. Parking your car or simple renovations may be very restrictive.

The owners in the strata scheme make up the owners corporation.

There will also be an executive committee that makes certain decisions on its behalf.  A larger strata schemes may appoint a professional strata management firm. They will assist and oversee the functions of the owners corporation.

In most cases, you will own the inside of the unit/apartment but not the main structure of the building. Known as airspace, this includes the internal walls, floor coverings, and fixtures.

Commercial Property – Strata Title

The owners corporation will administer funds for daily operational expenses. As well as long-term future expenses.

One of the benefits of owning a strata property is that you will pay lower council rates than a house owner.

By-laws are rules that everyone who lives in a strata scheme must follow. Including lot owners and tenants. By-laws cover issues like safety and security measures. They may include appearance of units, garbage disposal, cars and parking, and pets.

The appearance of the property will tell you if the property is well maintained as a whole.

It is a good idea before you buy a strata property, to review the accounts and records of the owners corporation. Ask about the maintenance of the building. Look for signs that may need you to spend your money sooner.

You can get ask your conveyancer to prepare the report on your behalf.

You should refer to the:
• Strata Titles Act 1985 (the Act) as amended; and
• Strata Titles General Regulations 1996 (STGR) as amended, for details.
• Landgate

Supreme Settlements (settlement agent, conveyancer, settlement) is well conversed in strata-titled settlements. Call us today for advice.

Settlement Agent Fees

We all know that buying a home involves a big financial outlay. Settlement Agent Fees are real.

Settlement Agents do charge fees.

We know that we can choose our own settlement agent. Choosing your own settlement agent can be a wise decision. Where is my nearest settlement agent? In this day and age, you need settlement agent you are comfortable with. Their location is not an issues as much of the paper work is undertaken online.

Getting a quote from a Settlement Agent is the best advice.

Settlement Agents do charge fees. They do need to get paid for their professionalism, efficiency, and research undertakings.  

The settlement agent fee is the amount you pay your settlement agent for their work. Fees cover such things as the settlement of a property you are buying or selling. They can vary from conveyancer to conveyancer.

Some settlement agents may charge a fixed fee. Others may charge based on the value of the transaction. It is important to remember no two settlements are ever the same.

Often issues can arise in the course of settlement, and in these cases, extra fees may apply.

Conveyancer Fees.

Conveyancers charge fees. Conveyancers are Settlement Agents. A settlement agent must be a licensed conveyancer. Your conveyancer will look too all…

  • property conveyancing,
  • house conveyancing,
  • residential conveyancing,
  • strata conveyancing, and
  • land conveyancing issues.

Ask a conveyancer about their fee structure. Do they have fixed price conveyancing fees? Compare average conveyancing costs between a number of selected conveyancers. There is no such thing as cheap conveyancing. However, fair price and professional conveyancing is a given.

There are no regulated settlement agent fees.

A settlement agent must provide you with a written quote.

The quote will sets out the possible amount they will charge for their services before you sign the appointment to act.

The greatest amount must include all fees. These can include government charges and general office disbursements. All payable for the settlement agent’s services. It is always a good idea to approach three settlement agents and ask for a quote.

The greatest amount must include all fees. These can include government charges and general office disbursements. All payable for the settlement agent’s services. It is always a good idea to approach three settlement agents and ask for a quote.

Get 2 or 3 Settlement Quotes

Having 2 or 3 quotes from settlement agents makes you better prepared to choose.

Keep in mind your settlement agent will be along for the ride of your life securing your new home.

Choose a settlement agent that you feel comfortable chatting too.

Ask your Settlement Agent

If you have questions, ask them. Where doubt exists problems begin.

Supreme Settlements is here to help and offer advice.

Why not call us today (08) 9417 2322, or request a quote online to purchase, or to sell your home or property.

The Settlement Agent

The Settlement Agent

The settlement agent aka conveyancer is a person that looks after property settlement. They’re the people responsible for transferring a property from one owner to another.

The main task of a conveyancer is to transfer ownership of the property. The conveyancer will ensure the property is the correct property you intend to buy, or sell.

A conveyancer will liaise with the buyer’s settlement agent to ensure finances are in order. The conveyancer for instance, will prepare the correct documentation and ensure you sign it. The conveyancer will advise of any encumbrances which could affect your enjoyment of the property

Contracts are exchanged on completion. Nevertheless, a transfer document will transfer the title of the property over to you. Your conveyancer will tell, and issue, resolution services to ensure a smooth process. An experienced settlement agent will identify and resolve any issues.

The best advice a settlement agent can give is advice uncompromised. It is our professional obligation to stay independent.

Settlement completes on the PEXA e-conveyancing platform. Your settlement agent will check documents on PEXA ensuring correct paperwork has been submitted.

Settlement will happen when both parties have digital signatures on the transaction. Your Settlement Agent will notify the Real Estate Agent so that you can collect the keys.

Your Settlement Agent will notify relevant authorities that you are the new owner. The conveyancer will keep an eye on the Certificate of Title. When registered in your name they will let you know.

Your settlement agent will give you a call to let you know when to pick up the keys.

At Supreme Settlements we wish you all the joy and happiness of your new home or sale of property, as the case may be.

When Settlement Sways

What happens to your home when relationships breakdown?

What happens to the family home when you are going through a relationship breakdown?

How do you end the property partnership?

Divorce, or separation is a stressful time, and it is in your best interest to get a court order to protect your assets. Often you will engage a lawyer.

In the case of property transfer a settlement agent may be able to look after the process of title change.

One partner may decide to buy out the other, alternatively the shared property sells.

The following may be part of property transfer process;

Ownership of Property – Confirmed by a Title Search

All parties involved are in agreement

If court orders are applicable – Original stamped embossed order required.

If there is a mortgage over the property – Confirmed via Title Search. For a bank mortgage, lodge a discharge form with the bank, completed by all parties. When there is no mortgage the Certificate of Title will be with your Settlement Agent.

Payment. Financial approval from the bank to transfer the amount. Required to confirm funds are available.

Transfer of land document; Related parties authority; Stamp duty valuation form; Cost disbursement. Signed by the client.

Identification – All owners need identification.

Stamp duty. An assessment for all related parties based on the value and ownership status. Following this process, documents need signing. Stamp duty assessed and banks are ready to proceed. The settlement date can proceed.

Relationship breakdown can be a stressful, traumatic time, for the entire family. Transfer of property ownership is one thing to deal with.

At Supreme Settlements we care about our clients

It is our aim is to make the settlement as straightforward and stress-free as possible.

We assign a conveyancer to you to take you through the complete settlement process.

If you are at this crossroad in your relationship, give us a call and organize to come in for a chat.

Speak to a family lawyer and seek advice through the various government departments.

Property Settlement

Advice: Conveyancing is a time-consuming and complicated process. There are many pitfalls for the unwary. A professional settlement agent will understand the entire process. They will know how to ensure a smooth transfer.

Property settlement is a legal process. Generally facilitated by your settlement agent and financial representatives and those of the seller. It’s when ownership passes from the seller to you, and you pay the balance of the sale price.

The seller sets the settlement date in the contract of sale.

As a general rule, property settlement periods are usually 30 to 90 days, but they can be longer or shorter.

On settlement day, at an agreed time and place, your settlement agent (conveyancer) meets with your lender and the seller’s representatives to exchange documents. They organise for the balance of the purchase price to be paid to the seller.

Just before settlement, you’ll have the opportunity to do a final inspection of the property. Often this is done the day before or the morning of the settlement. Contact the agent to arrange this inspection.

The seller must hand over the property in the same condition as when it was sold.

After settlement, your lender will draw down on your loan. This means that they’ll debit the amount they’ve paid at settlement from your loan account.

You’re then responsible for paying land transfer duty or stamp duty. It’s usually paid on the settlement date. The title to the property won’t transfer to your name until you have paid this duty.

The seller handles rates and other council fees up to and including the day of settlement. After this date, you will need to pay these costs.

Once settlement has completed, you can collect the keys from the agent. The property is now yours. It’s time to move into your new home.

Commercial Property

Are you buying or selling commercial property?

Are you thinking of buying or selling commercial property?

The Offer & Acceptance contracts are often complex. You need to take special care that you meet your obligations about GST.

At Supreme Settlements we deal with commercial conveyancing. Properties like: industrial premises, shopping centers, and inner city strata office suites. Including of course, multi-story commercial, mixed use buildings and retail showrooms.

We communicate directly with our clients. And explain all legalities. If you know what is taking place and why, the less stressed you will feel.

We work with our clients, and with their objectives in mind, determine the right outcome.

Review every detail of the transaction

Supreme Settlements are the experienced conveyancing team. We will prepare all the necessary real estate documents. Rest assured we will review every detail of the transaction. Ultimately ensure your interests are safe guarded.

e-Conveyancing is a natural extension of the technologies employed in commercial property transactions. Electronic transfers can quicken the process.

Buying a building? Or developing a rental portfolio? Maybe purchasing a unit to start a small business? Choose your team who can understand you and your business goals.

Commercial properties are all about time and money. Make sure all financial considerations are secure.

Commercial transactions are complex. Clients should undertake research and seek advice. Know the risks and benefits before entering into a contract.

Need more information?

At Supreme Settlements, the team provides a professional and efficient conveyancing services.

Do I need a Settlement Agent

Should I choose a settlement agent or let others do it for me?

You can choose your own settlement agent. Above all, the choice is yours. You can also accept the one provided by your real estate agency. Or if you prefer, you could undertake the task yourself.

The WA Department of Commerce says: “Unless you are a suitably qualified lawyer, it would be very unwise to try to carry out the settlement of your own property. It’s a complex and time consuming business, with many traps for the unwary.“

We all want to save money and reduce extra fees.

Yes, you can complete your own settlement, if you choose too. It is a complex and time consuming exercise, unless of course you have the experience. But, however, there are many problems you may face that will cause delays, and even extra expense.

The beauty of a professional settlement agent is they will transfer property and overcome any difficulties. For instance, they will assist you in completing all necessary paperwork.

Your settlement agent will review the contract. Certainly including any required conditions. As a result, they will prepare all legal documentation to effect the change of ownership.

Your settlement agent will liaise with the banks, the broker, and the real estate agent. Most importantly, they will of course liaise with various government authorities to ensure that your settlement transaction is completed.

There are fees. At Supreme Settlements we are open and upfront about our pricing with no hidden costs or add-ons.

Supreme Settlements are the professionals. They will take care of the finite details for you. You can relax and let the Professionals do what they do best.

Do I need a Settlement Agent near me?

Do you need to engage a settlement agent near you? No you do not. With electronic transfers, emails, mobile phones, and the like what you really need is a settlement agent aka conveyancer you are comfortable with. Don’t forget, your settlement agent will be along for the journey and you need to be best travel companions. After all, your conveyancer is taking you home!

What do I do?

Contact your real estate agent, inform them you have selected Supreme Settlements as your chosen settlement agent.

Advise Supreme Settlements of your real estate agents details. They will arrange with the real estate agent for your contract to be issued to them urgently.

Buying or Selling property? Whatever the reason, your professional, qualified Team at Supreme Settlements is always ready for you.

Supreme Settlements has a wide variety of services available. It is with the greatest of pleasure, and their professionalism they wish to provide these services to you.

Why not browse our services:

Or visit our Reading Room

At Supreme Settlements we protect our clients’ interests, whilst serving from the heart.

If you want the professionals, choose Supreme Settlements.